The Lake District has so much to offer from walks to visiting local attractions. Alongside this, there are many organised events. There is something for everyone’s taste and all the ones listed below are within a 30 minutes drive of the Guest House.
Summer events 2019
– Bass sailing week: Bassenthwaite sailing clubs annual regatta. Held at Bassenthwaite sailing club – 3rd-11th August.
– Lowther show: In the grounds of Lowther Castle, an annual show about sporting pursuits and county living – 10-11th August.
– Keswick agricultural show: family fun entertainment from arts and crafts to sheep, dogs and poultry show – 26th August.
Winter events 2019
– Westmorland Country show ‘one of the UK’s favourite shows’: Major livestock show with classes for cattle, sheep, pigs and goats- 12th September.
– Kendal Torchlight carnival: Celebration of community and tradition demonstrated in a carnival procession and street party- 27th-28th September.
– Taste of Cumbria Cockermouth: country’s biggest annual food & drink festival. Local shops, restaurants and chefs for a culinary celebration- 28th-29th September.
– Cockermouth fireworks display- November 3rd.
– Keswick Victorian fayre: free entertainment including bands, choirs and dancers- 1st December.
– North Lakes New year half marathon: Set in the base of Lorton valley- 6th January.